I hope you’re enjoying National Humor Month. When we laugh, we can’t help but show off our pearly whites. But, for some, smiling is no laughing matter. Self-conscious about the color of stained teeth, there are folks who find it hard to laugh out loud with the gang. At Asheville Dental, we want you to enjoy the therapeutic benefits of laughter and that’s why we offer cosmetic dentistry services to brighten your smile.
What are the Benefits of Laughter?
The adage of laughter is the best medicine, hits the mark. Scientific research shows that:
- Laughter is contagious – Who doesn’t love the feeling of shared laughter?
- Laughter reduces the stress response – Endorphins that help you feel more relaxed both physically and emotionally are released by laughing.
- Laughter boosts immunity – According to one study done at Indiana State School of nursing, laughter may increase natural killer cell levels, a type of white blood cell that attacks cancer cells.
- Laughter increases resilience – Laughing at mistakes allows us to recognize that making errors is a part of being human.
- Laugher combats depression – Depression can become a pattern if we don’t occasionally step outside of ourselves. By witnessing our situation rather than falling victim to it, we can learn new patterns of behavior.
- Laughter relieves pain – People report being less bothered by pain when they experience laughter.
This is natural medicine that requires no prescription. Of course we want you to experience something so joyful and healthful.
So How Do I Get the White Smile I Want?
Your smile creates an immediate subconscious impression on people. Let’s face it, it’s the first thing people see when you open your mouth. A bright white smile gives the appearance of health, happiness, and vitality. At Asheville Dental, we are trained in industry-approved whitening methods. We offer several ways to whiten your smile, including take-home tray systems and the ZOOM! in-office system. ZOOM! can whiten your entire smile in one visit. Having a smile that is white and bright is a tremendous confidence booster.
Are there Other Ways to Whiten?
Absolutely! There are things you can do every day to help brighten your smile.
- Eat Healthier – Avoid sugary foods and sodas and increase your intake of crunchy foods like apples and broccoli.
- Brush at least twice a day!
- Dairy Products – The Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center recommends eating foods high in calcium (cheese and yogurt) to help keep your teeth white.
- Mouthwash/Rinse –Rinsing your mouth with mouthwash can help freshen your breath and eliminate any bacteria buildup.
Add to the list visiting your dentist at least twice a year for checkups and you’re well on your way to getting and keeping a healthy white smile.
Contact us today for a free cosmetic dentistry consultation.